In Health Care Career Exploration, Just The Health Care Career Facts, Please.
In doing health care career exploration, wherein you focus on a career in health care, you will discover health care job opportunities, with a great number of health care jobs.
As I travel in my gas efficient car, a Hyundai Accent, throughout the County of San Diego, I have developed some hunches about the health care sector that I gladly share with those doing health care career exploration.
Here are my career health care hunches about health care job opportunities. The Department of Labor has the Health Care Career Facts, though, so let's compare my feelings, or hunches, about health care jobs, with those findings of the government in their health care career exploration.
The Department of Labor, in government health care career studies, find that health care job opportunities are exploding.
My Hunch About Jobs In Health Care Facilities
As I travel throughout the County of San Diego health facilities, I believe that there are health career employment opportunities because I see what appears to to me to be a need for more health care professionals to fill these jobs.
I often overhear health care facilities ask their medical employee staff to work another shift (in health care career lingo, pulling a double) in order to meet the patient-staff ratios established by health care standards.
The FACTS* About Jobs In Health Care Facilities
- As the largest industry in 2002, health services provided 12.9 million jobs. Your health care career exploration will reveal a promising career in health care because of the phenomenal number of health care jobs.
- Within these health care job opportunities, 12.5 million health care jobs are for "wage and salary workers" and about 382,000 jobs in health care are for the self-employed health care professional.
- Ten out of 20 occupations projected to grow the fastest are concentrated in health services. These jobs in health care will mean fruitful health care career exploration for those who find fulfillment in the healthcare field
- About 16 percent of all new wage and salary jobs created between 2002 and 2012 will be careers in health care.
- That's 3.5 million jobs in the health care career field, which means there will be more health care job opportunities than career opportunities in any other industry!
- While some health care professions such as health diagnosing personnel or treating practitioners are among the most educated workers, the majority of jobs in health care require less than 4 years of college education.
For those serious in their health care career exploration, health care job opportunities will lead you to a fruitful, purpose filled career in health care.
*The FACTS cited above are from: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Career Guide to Industries, 2004-05 Edition, Health Services, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs035.htm (visited June, 2005).