Health Care Job Opportunities: Health Care Careers In Hospitals and Beyond
Health care job opportunities are found not only in hospitals but in health care facilities of all kinds, involving multiple health care careers that offer a wide selection of health care employment options.
My Hunch About Jobs In The Health Care Industry
It appears to me, as a health care chaplain, that health care job opportunities abound for those who have made the medical field their health career choice.
Health care employees seem to be in short supply, especially when health care facility administrators are looking for staff to work the night shift!
I suppose if they cannot get enough staff to work an extra shift, there just may be health care administration jobs available!
It must be a challenging task for those in health care management jobs to keep up the staffing requirements of their health care job openings.
Health Care Career Facts About Health Care Job Opportunities
Combining medical technology and the human touch, the health services industry administers care around the clock, responding to the needs of millions of people - from newborns to the critically ill.
- In the USA, about 545,000 establishments make up the health care industry; coming in all sizes, staffing patterns, and organizational structures.
- Approximately three-fourths of all health services establishments with jobs in health care are offices of physicians, dentists, or other medical facilities offering health care job opportunities.
- According to the Department of Labor, although hospitals make up only 2 percent of all health services establishments, hospitals employ 40 percent of all career health care workers.
- The health services industry includes establishments ranging from small-town private practices of physicians who employ only one medical assistant to busy inner-city hospitals that provide thousands of diverse jobs.
- Almost 3 out of 4 non-hospital health services establishments employed fewer than 10 health care workers.
- By contrast, more than 2 out of 3 health care jobs are hospital employees whose health care job search is in health care facilities and institutions with more than 1,000 workers. By far, the greatest number of health care jobs.
My Hunch About Health Care Careers and Health Care Employment
Those of you exploring health care careers whose "change-career-with-purpose" plans are leading you to explore the medical field should look at the multiple careers that health care industry provides. (The health care jobs in California are what I am most familiar with, since I live and work in San Diego.)
But I would guess that if you are doing a health care job search for jobs in health care, you will find a purposeful career health care provides. And should you need help as a nurse to write a resume, check out Professional Resume Writing For Nurses.
Health Care Career facts cited above are Suggested citation: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Career Guide to Industries, 2006-07 Edition, Health Care, http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs035.htm (visited June 11, 2006).